On Wednesday President Biden continued with his executive actions that aimed at addressing the climate crisis along with a new memorandum on scientific integrity.
These are the two executive actions Biden took on Wednesday and what they do:
(1) Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad.
This order seeks to stop the climate crisis at the center of US foreign policy and national security. It specifically aims to halt new oil and natural gas leases on public lands and/or offshore waters.
This order also aims to:
- Help agencies to develop strategies for integrating climate considerations into their international work.
- Establish a National Climate Task Force
- Commit to clean infrastructure projects and environmental justice.
- Begins development of a emissions reduction goal
- and more…
(2) Executive Order on Establishing President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.’
This executive order reassess President Biden’s Science and Technology Advisors. These advisors will counsel Biden on policies that affects these topics.
(3) Presidential Memorandum on Scientific Integrity.
This memorandum gives the Office of Science and Technology the responsibility of securing scientific integrity within the government.