Travis Scott speaks out in his first interview since the Astroworld music festival tragedy, which claimed the lives of ten people.

In an hour-long sit-down interview with Charlamagne Tha God published Thursday, he described the aftermath of the massive crowd crush at the Houston festival on Nov. 5 as a “emotional roller coaster.”

Scott stated that he was unaware of the deaths until “minutes before the press conference” called by local police.

“It’s so difficult because, you know, I’m always connected with my fans.” I went through something, and I believe that fans and people’s parents went through something as well. And it hurts a lot. It’s bad for the community and bad for the city,” he said.

“It’s been a lot of thoughts, feelings, and grieving,” the rapper explained. “Just trying to wrap my head around it. I really just want to be there. Wish you could just hold everyone, talk to them, have conversations.”

Scott was asked if “raging” culture at shows contributed to the crush.

“No, it’s something I’ve been working on for a long time, just creating these experiences… “As artists, we rely on professionals to ensure that if something goes wrong, people get out safely,” he explained. “In concerts, we’ve grown it to be a fun experience, not a harmful one.” It’s all about having fun and letting go.”

When asked if he bears any responsibility for the festival disaster, Scott admitted that he does.

“I’m responsible for figuring out what happened here. It is my responsibility to find a solution “He stated. “Hopefully, having more insight into what’s going on is a first step for us as artists.”

Scott offered to cover the costs of all of the victims’ funerals, but some families declined. The family of the youngest victim, 9-year-old Ezra Blount, was among those who declined the offer. In an email to Scott’s attorney last month, Bob Hilliard stated that while he has no doubt Scott feels remorse for Ezra’s death, the artist “must face and hopefully see that he bears some of the responsibility for this tragedy.”

Scott said of the rejected offers, “Everything is understandable.” They want answers when they are grieving and trying to understand. I just have to keep showing up for that.”

He revealed that he was able to speak with some of the families who lost loved ones at the concert and that he was “thankful” for the opportunity to do so.

“I’m always here,” he said in a message to the victims’ families. I’m in it with you, and I adore you. I’ll always be there to support you as you work through this. “It’s not just a right now thing, it’s a forever thing. These people who came to the show, they are my family. I’ve always had that connection to people who listened to the music or came to my shows. And that’s why it’s really hard on me,” he continued.

“I just want to always be there for them,” he said, promising to be “a number one voice” for concert safety moving forward.

Following the tragedy, over 300 lawsuits were filed.

In documents filed Monday, Scott denied the allegations made in several lawsuits against him and requested that they be dismissed.

According to Scott’s representatives, the filings are a standard response to lawsuits in denying legal liability.

According to a Tuesday order issued by the Board of Judges of the Civil Trial Division of the Harris County District Courts in Houston, all of those lawsuits have been consolidated and will be handled by one judge as the cases progress through the court system.

The two-page order stated that “this consolidation will promote the expeditious and efficient administration of justice.”